top of page

What is Community Supported Agriculture or CSA?


Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a consumer based movement which allows families to directly access farm fresh produce, while simultaneously supporting sound agriculture practices and the local economy.

How much does it cost for a share?

An annual share costs $200.00. For every share purchased by April 15th you will receive an additional $25.00 shopping credit towards our products. If you buy 2 shares that is $450.00 you will have to shop at our farm stands. You will receive a Gift Card with your CSA value to use at our farm stands. 


 What if I don't use all of my shares?

Your "Gift Card" balance will not expire, carries over to the following year.

If you have questions, call us at 207-832-4488.


Why join our CSA program?

  • You have a connection to the farmer and the land that produces your food

  • Your food dollars will go directly to our local economy

  • Your food dollars provide critical financial support to our farm when expenses are the greatest and income is weeks away

  • Our produce provides greater nutritional value than imported foods

  • Our produce conserves vital energy resources by not traveling thousands of miles from farm to plate

  • Our CSA program allows you to choose what you want, when you want and how much you want

  • Our CSA program offers small share prices allowing you to customize your commitment


 Senior Farm Share Program

March is sign-up time for low-income seniors who want to participate in the Maine Senior Farm Share Program . The program allows seniors  $50.00  to obtain locally grown fruits and vegetables from Spear Farm at no cost. After you have been approved, you will receive a card to bring with you when you visit our farm stands or at farmers markets.

Program Qualifications

Guidelines for Maine Senior Farm Share changes every year.  Eligibility guidelines for all Seniors must be 60 years of age or older, is a ME resident, provide date of birth and ME identification # (Drivers, State ID or Passport) and meet certain gross annual income in the household. 

How do I apply for the program?

Call 832-4488 for an application.

bottom of page